Making Your Home a Haven Challenge
Ok, it is Day 4 with Crystal’s Making Your Home a Haven Challenge
1) Refresh Your Spirit (5 minutes)
I had a wonderful time in God’s Word and a time of prayer, even though it was short it was sweet. 🙂 I was also blessed to read from Passionate Housewives Deperate for God by Jennie Chancy and Stacy McDonald while waiting for the girls this morning during their piano lessons. Gave me much to ponder on and encourage me as a wife and mother.
2) Take Time to Plan (5 minutes)
1. Piano Lessons
2. Maintain livingroom Thanks to my oldest dear daughter 🙂
3. Maintain entryway Thanks to another dear daughter and dear son 🙂
4. Bathrooms x 2 1 got done the other will have to be done tomorrow. 🙂 Again thanks to oldest daughter.
6. Grocery shopping
7. Maintain kitchen
8. Fold one load of laundry
We ended up having a surprise today, much to the children’s delight! A sleigh ride!! Friends called us up and invited us to go on a sleigh ride. It was wonderful to get out and enjoy God’s beautiful creation, plus be with friends. So even if we did get everything done that was on the list and more, we had a wonderful day. Work and chores are always here waiting for us…..
3) Do Something! (15 minutes or so) Today we’re going to focus on maintaining the other rooms we have already tackled this week (entryway, living room, laundry room) and our bathrooms.
Well, I did get one bathroom cleaned thanks to my daughter. Actually without their help today, I wouldn’t have gotten much done on my list. They were a big help! I took some before and after pics of the kitchen to share with you all. I know I enjoying seeing pics so here they are. Yes, I did clean the kitchen yesterday, it was a bigger mess than today, but still when the girls and I got home from piano lessons the kitchen looked liked this.
I just wanted to also share a blessing I received today. When I arrived home from piano lessons, as I enter into the house I could smell freshly bake bread. Sure enough my mom had dropped on 6 loaves of bread, still warm from the oven. It smelled so good!