Happy New Year!!!!
I’m here with our 2 month old son sleeping on my chest and just reflecting over the past year and looking ahead to the new year ahead. It was a good, but super busy year last year.
Just to recap a little…..
1. Trip to Europe – business trip for hubby, but our 9 yr old son and I went along on the trip. We did business, plus visited family and friends. I really missed the children we had to leave behind here. Wow, I was counting down the days until our return home! This was in March.
2. Once we were settled back at home, hubby started to build a room in the basement which is now our finished family room. I couldn’t help much on it as I was dealing with morning sickness and also very tired. He would work on this room after work so that was evenings and into the night. Not a good mix for someone who was extra tired and felt her worse in the evenings. Anyway the room is lovely!!
3. Hubby and boys started to build a garden/chicken coop. Still a work in progress, but the chickens at least have a coop to live in.
4. Bought chicks!! Now they are laying eggs. 😃
5. Our garden did ok with some crops, but other crops did very poorly. But there is always the next season to look forward too.
6. A great week of VBS!!!
7. A German girl came and stayed with us for 10 weeks. An exchange student. She went to “our” school for 8 weeks. Her 10 week stay went very fast
8. No big trips, but we did a few smaller trips, plus spent a number of days at Family camp. Friends also came to visit and that was delightful!!
9. The oldest three children going out to a local private Christian School and the three younger school age children schooling here at home.
10. A precious new baby!!!! Nov. 3, 2014
11. Sickness, sickness and yet more sickness. 4 cases of pneumonia in our family and coughs that hang on for months. Still battling sickness here too.
12. Some trim was put up around some windows and doors!! Exciting to see progress on the house. We have just been living here 6 years already! LOL
So that is a bit of recap of 2014.
I’m looking forward to seeing what 2015. 😊 God is with us and I have confidence in Him. Whether through joys or sorrows God is there.
I’m looking forward to more time in the Word. I’m starting this year by joining Woman Living Well and they are reading through the Bible and today they started in Exodus. I’m also going to read Faith Dare with a few friends and I would like to read Hunger For God by John Piper. Plus other studies as well. I need to be in God’s Word more!!
Sometime in the next month or so our goats will kid. I’m hoping for twin does from my favourite doe. 😃
Looking forward to seeing the garden shed/coop finished.
More work done on the inside of our house. More trim put up.
Looking forward to gardening and landscaping…..
Being intentional and spending time doing things with our children. They are growing up so fast. Yes, I have little ones, but I have teenagers too!! Soon they will be spreading their wings and leaving the coop… I find I get caught up in my to do list and don’t do the more needful things like taking time to read a story to a little one etc…
Time to cuddle a baby now, so more later!!
Once again have a blessed year!!!